Choosing the right radiation protection products
Gadgets and electronic devices were created to assist people in going about their daily lives with ease and efficiency. The catch: harmful electromagnetic frequency (EMF) radiation came along with it.
Commonly used tech gadgets and home appliances emit EMF radiation that can pose serious health risks to people, especially children.
Thankfully, there are products available in the market that people can use to shield themselves from the harmful effects of EMF radiation exposure. In this article we are going to answer common questions on how to choose the right radiation protection products:
Q1: Why is it necessary to protect ourselves from radiation?
Recently, a division of the World Health Organization classified cell phones as a “possible carcinogen.” This means that while there is no definite link between cellphone use and some forms of cancer, there’s enough evidence that the group believes more research is needed. WHO also cited lead, exhaust from gasoline engines, chloroform, and coffee as other “possible carcinogens.”
Some researchers have suggested that people who are often exposed to radiation, especially children, are likely to suffer from memory loss, sleeping disorders, and headaches because of radiation exposure. They are also more likely to increase their risk of some types of cancers later in life.
Q2: What are the gadgets that emit the most radiation?
- Laptops and smartphones emit a lot of radiation since they need to be connected to WiFi and Bluetooth signals for browsing the internet or sending/transmitting files. They also have internal parts that are made of metal, such as the laptop battery and antennas, that amplify these signals.
- WiFi Routers also give off electromagnetic radiation which, like wireless signals, can pass through walls. Because these systems are not turned off at night, it means people are exposed to it round-the-clock. In addition, most homes will have WiFi routers installed–this means the EMF signals you are exposed to and have to worry about are not just limited to your own home, but your neighbors, not to mention public areas, as well.
- Tablets are also a radiation source since they are designed to connect via three main sources–WiFi, Bluetooth, and cellular connections. Tablets are also specifically designed to be compact and function using touch screens, thereby allowing direct contact with the EMF source. It’s especially worrying given the prevalence of tablet use among children.
- Earphones are also sources of radiation, no matter how small they are. Traditional headsets contain metal parts which amplifies RF signals, while Bluetooth headsets emit radiation wirelessly.
- Home appliances like microwave ovens also emit a lot of radiation when we use it to heat food.
Q3: What are the benefits of using radiation protection products?
Protection products act as a shield so that we don’t have direct exposure to radiation. They can deflect, divert, and absorb the radiation that’s between you and the source. The amount of shielding or type of shielding you need to protect against different types of radiation depends on how much radiation the source emits.
Q4: What are the must-have protection products that you should buy?
You have several options to choose from to protect yourself and your loved ones. It depends on which gadget you use the most. For example, if you’re using your laptop a lot, I would suggest you get a laptop shield. If you’re like most people who are hooked to their smartphones, you should get a protective case for your cellphone.
If you are using the microwave a lot for cooking and reheating food at home, it’s good to get a microwave shield. If you have a baby, get them an anti-radiation blanket that can minimize their exposure to everyday radiation.